3/22/2010

CDFAs!

It's the last week of term one for all us Melbournians! For some reason, my school is throwing all this shit at us to finish. Projects, assignments, tests, quizzes and just plain annoying homework so I've been busyyy.

Anyways, the CDFA Award Nominees' list came out a few days ago (yes, to all you fashion followers, this is old news...but still)

I'm really happy that Alexander Wang is nominated for womenswear designer of the year! I love the masculinity to his pieces (but still remaining feminine, of course) and the urban freshness. I love that David Neville and Marcus Wainwright have been nominated for menswear designer of the year, though I don't really look at menswear, I do love the womenswear line of Rag & Bone.

As for the honorees, congratulations to Christopher Bailey! I think he's done great things for Burberry in terms of, well, everything. He definitely deserved the award, in my opinion. And, of course, the special tribute award went to Alexander McQueen who is greatly missed by us all.

Anyways, that was me commentating a bit on this years honorees and nominees! I know, I didn't talk about every honoree and nominee and I don't want to be disrespectful to the rest of the deserving honorees and nominees so here's the complete list:

WOMENSWEAR DESIGNER OF THE YEAR
Marc Jacobs
Donna Karan
Alexander Wang

MENSWEAR DESIGNER OF THE YEAR
Michael Bastian
Tom Ford
David Neville and Marcus Wainwright for Rag & Bone

ACCESSORY DESIGNER OF THE YEAR
Alexis Bittar
Lazaro Hernandez and Jack McCollough for Proenza Schouler
Marc Jacobs

SWAROVSKI AWARD FOR WOMENSWEAR
Joseph Altuzarra
Prabal Gurung
Jason Wu

SWAROVSKI AWARD FOR MENSWEAR
Richard Chai
Patrik Ervell
Simon Spurr

SWAROVSKI AWARD FOR ACCESSORY DESIGN
Eddie Borgo
Dana Lorenz
Alexander Wang

GEOFFREY BEENE LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
Michael Kors

INTERNATIONAL AWARD
Christopher Bailey for Burberry

EUGENIA SHEPPARD AWARD
Kim Hastreiter, Paper Magazine

ELEANOR LAMBERT AWARD
Tonne Goodman, Vogue

FASHION ICON AWARD
Iman

SPECIAL TRIBUTE AWARD
Alexander McQueen

Source: style.com

As for now, I must go back to memorising a Chinese dialogue, studying for my French test, preparing for a concert I have tonight, doing my art homework and science homework...and more. ):

No comments:

Post a Comment